I am honored to be the Spanish Teacher and Librarian at All Saints Catholic School. I was first introduced to All Saints Catholic School in Spring 2018 when I was the long-term substitute for 2nd grade. I immediately felt at home and wanted to be a part of the All Saints community.
I moved from Chicago, IL to Wilmington, DE in September 2017. Volunteering at my children’s Catholic school in Chicago ignited a love for teaching and working with children, and I returned to school and obtained my Bachelor of Arts in Educational Studies.
I am married to my wonderful husband, Bob, and we have five children. Our oldest daughter is a senior at Xavier University in Cincinnati, OH and our oldest son is a sophomore at the same school. We are blessed to have our twin boys who are juniors at Concord High School, and our youngest son is a sixth grader at All Saints.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men”
Teaching isn’t just my “job;” it is what God has called me to do! I want to be the best teacher I can. These are my promises to you as your teacher:
- I will always do my absolute best to be fair. All students will receive equal opportunities to succeed. This also means that I will not give special preference or additional opportunities to succeed to only a few students.
- I will make my expectations as clear as possible so that all students have an opportunity to succeed. I will do this through the use of rubrics, detailed project handouts, communication with students and parents, and prompt input of grades.
- I will stay up-to-date with new teaching strategies and ways to make Spanish more fun and easy to learn, and keep an open mind about trying new or different ideas. I will apply this philosophy to Library class as well.
- The activities and classwork that I assign to you will be purposeful and intentional. I believe your hard work is valuable, and everything I assign will be important for your acquisition of the Spanish language and Library skills.
- I will always be available to help each student when they are uncertain or need extra help.
- My goal is to create a learning environment for all students where they feel confident and comfortable to learn.